I am preparing myself for my first gluten free thanksgiving and boy am I excited. It’s going to be a lot to prepare for though, especially since my family is less than thrilled about me taking away their ‘precious’ gluten. I am to make sure to take lots of photos and keep everyone up to date on my first large scale gluten free cooking endeavor. Lately I have been way caught up in school so I haven’t had the option to post a lot. I have a lot in store though that you should keep your eyes open for.
One thing I did want to quickly share was my recipe for oven roasted pumpkin seeds. I threw it together totally out of the blue but it came out pretty well. Here it is, unfortunately again I did not take any photos of the product:
- 8 Cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 Cups olive oil
- Use the following to taste :
- Cinnamon powder
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- Crushed and dried rosemary
- Clean and De-Pulp the pumpkin seeds. Spread onto a cookie sheet and leave out over night to dry.
- Pre-heat over to 325 degrees.
- Mix Pumpkin seeds and olive oil in a bowl until covered evenly.
- Add spices and continue to mix until covered evenly with spices. Taste test mixture and continue to add spices as desired.
- Place Pumpkin seeds one layer thick on a cookie sheet covered with non-stick tin foil.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and not too dry. Toss every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning and sticking. Taste and add more seasoning as desired.
- Add to salads, fall trail mix, eat as a snack or enjoy however you want!
The mix of spice and sweetness was a great treat! The only issue was the seasoning tends to come off the seeds easily and I am not how to prevent that. Any suggestions? How do you like your pumpkin seeds?