S’Mores: they’ve been a favorite of mine since childhood. I do bonfires all year long, even when it is colder outside, and they’re always a staple. A tad bit crunchy, a little bit gooey, and all the way delicious! But Celiac Disease really made consuming them difficult until recently when GOOD gluten free graham crackers became more readily available.
Sometimes though it’s fun to mix, or blend if you will, things up. This shake takes a Fall/Winter twist on the traditional S’Mores flavor by adding pumpkin to the mix, while making a chilled treat great for all seasons! Be sure to eat it quick so the chocolate doesn’t freeze, and enjoy by yourself or with other people depending on the size of your cups. This recipes uses Schar Gluten Free Honeygrams but the recipe is my own.
- 3 toasted large marshmallows and 6-8 small
- ¼ cup half and half (or dairy free alternative)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (or dairy free alternative)
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon or nutmeg)
- 3 Schar gluten free Honeygram crackers, crushed
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips, depending on preference for chocolate (or omit if you desire)
- Broil in the oven or toaster all marshmallows until browned to your liking
- Blend the large toasted marshmallows and half and half until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until mixed completely.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a double burner or small glass bowl over a pot of water. Pour into small bag and clip one tip.
- Drizzle the chocolate on the sides of one or two cups (depending on size). Next dip the rims of these glasses in water and then the crushed crackers to coat the rim.
- Pour in your shake mix, top with small marshmallows and a sprinkle of crushed crackers