Last night I had a brilliant idea. Remember those old school ice cream floats you used to make with root beer and ice cream? Well my friends were having pumpkin Kahlua over ice cream, so to stay safe from gluten, and true to my love of Ice Cream Floats, I thought “why not take make an adult version with hard cider?” So, I made the below delicious concoction.
- 3 Scoops vanilla Ice cream
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (divided)
- 1 bottle Hard Pumpkin Cider (Woodchucks or another gluten free variety of your choice)
- Scoop the ice cream into a large glass (~12oz).
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of cinnamon over the scoops.
- Pour in the cider until you almost fill the glass (you will have more left over)
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon over the top of the drink.
- Enjoy, with a bit of pumpkin cider on the side for addition as desired.